HOW TO SET UP A
LOUDSPEAKER MEASUREMENT SYSTEM THE EASY WAY AND GET RESULTS LIKE THE
Measuring impedance is pretty straight
forward in Arta. After installation of Arta, use the application Limp (short for
loudspeaker impedance) to set up your measurement system.
Construction of the jig should take you
about 20 minutes. There are no surprises here. A plastic project box, 4 RCA
panel mount connectors, 2 binding posts, a resistor >10 ohms, basic wires for
1. Connect the Transit to your
2. Connect the mini plug/RCA cables
between the Transit and the jig.
3. Connect a driver or a loudspeaker to
the jig. See pic for connections.
1. Fire up the
LIMP application, and follow the instructions from the manual to calibrate your
2. In the Set Up>Measurement
screen, enter the value of the resistor used to construct the jig (Fig.
3. Click the "Start Rec" icon. You should
end up with a phase/impedance graph as shown in Fig. E.
4. Click the "Stop Rec" icon, and copy the
graph to a graphics application such as Photoshop, then save or